Welcome to MWKF Promotions
The next testing opportunity will take place at:
2020 Detroit Open Taikai
Saturday, February 15, 2020
Please note the test occurs the day prior to the tournament.
Additional information will be forthcoming and posted here. Stay tuned for updates!
Registration due: TBD
Note: Your materials must be submitted by the date above. Your checks MUST be delivered on or by DATE. We can not consider the postmark date, so please plan on sending your check by DATE.
|Time Line:||Building Door Open:||11:00 a.m.|
|Registration:||11:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.|
|Warm up:||11:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|All Examinee||Exam Training:||12:00 p.m. to 12:15 p.m.|
|All Examiner||Examiner Meeting:||12:15 p.m. to 12:25 p.m.|
|Line up:||12:25 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.|
|Start Exam:||12:30 p.m.|
|End Exam:||03:30 p.m.|
|Out of Building:||04:00 p.m.|
In preparation for upcoming tests, please complete the following items so that you are fully prepared and in compliance when registration opens.
1. You can find the standards of eligibility for examination here. Only applicants in bogu will be tested and you must include your AUSKF number in your application. Where applicable, the kata required will be Nihon Kendo Kata.
2. Please review examples of each test beforehand so you know what the test will be comprised of. Examples can be found below:
Testing for 2 kyu and below:
Testing for 1 kyu and above:
3. If you have received a previous kendo rank, you must upload a copy of your last menjo to the AUSKF database at unitedstateskendo.com. Please click here for instructions on how to upload your menjo to the AUSKF database.
4. Your AUSKF dues must be current for the current year to be eligible to test. While in the database, please ensure that you are paid in full and if not, complete this payment.
5. If you are testing for 1 kyu and above, you will need to submit an essay. The essay form can be found by clicking here. You can find the instructions for your essay here. Please make sure you submit the form filled out completely with your information and completed answer via email to email@example.com. Please do not use the work of others as we maintain a database to detect plagiarism. Cite your sources accurately and completely. In addition, please answer the correct question based on the rank you will be testing for. If you do not use the correct form, the essay will not be accepted. The essay has the same due date as all other testing materials and requirements.
6. You must submit payment in the form of two checks. Please send your checks with enough time to arrive by the due date. The postdate will not suffice for late arrivals. The first check is for your menjo and the second for your exam fee. Both checks may be made out to MWKF or Midwest Kendo Federation and mailed to MWKF treasurer: Bobby Lee, 244 Red Top Dr. Libertyville, IL 60048.
The amount for the menjo fee is as followed:
All kyu ages 17 and under on testing date – $20
All kyu age 18 and above on testing date – $30
1-Dan – $50
2-Dan – $60
3-Dan – $80
4-Dan – $100
The amount for the exam fee is as followed:
Kyu – $15
Dan – $30
7. If you are not a member of the MWKF, but are a member of the AUSKF from another federation, you are welcome to test with us. Please complete this form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org with your application materials.
8. If you have previously passed the first portion of a test and need to complete the kata portion, please send your kata voucher to email@example.com with your application materials. You must complete the entire registration process even if you are only going to complete the kata portions. Please keep in mind that exam checks are always cashed but menjo checks are only cashed upon successful passing of both shiai and kata portions.
9. If you have a medical restriction that will impact your ability, please send your doctor restriction letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your application materials.
After all of these items have been completed, you will receive a confirmation email, letting you know you are approved to test. You may also receive a shorter email confirming receipt of each item, but please look for the final approval email. If there are any parts of your application that are incomplete or if you ineligible, you will receive an email as soon as possible during the review period. Feel free to email email@example.com with any questions at any time. Please respond promptly to any emails we send to you.
This entire registration process is part of the promotion examination. Completeness of your application will be evaluated and included in the examiner’s evaluation form. Please read all instructions carefully and do not hesitate to ask any questions.
Thank you for your attention and assistance in this process. We wish everyone the best of luck in your promotion examination.
MWKF VP of Promotions
|Time Line:||Building doors open:|
|All Examinee||Exam training:|
|All Examiner||Examiner meeting:|
|Out of building:|